I luuurrrrrve pasta! I mean, who doesn’t? So I couldn’t wait to adapt this recipe when I saw it on Taste.com.au.
375g vegeroni large spiral pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil
5 bacon rashers (fat removed)
1 large eggplant, cut into 2cm cubes
150g cherry tomatoes
2 crushed garlic cloves
1 green capsicum (bell pepper)
500g classic tomato pasta sauce
1 cup sliced kalamata olives
1/2 a cup chopped basil
100g crumbled feta cheese
extra chopped basil to serve
1. In a large pan boil water, add salt and cook the large spiral pasta until it’s tender. Drain.
2. While the pasta is cooking, add the oil to a large frypan on medium-high heat. Add the bacon and eggplant and cook it, stirring evenly for about 5 minutes, or until the eggplant is golden.
3. Add the tomato and garlic and stir for about a minute. Then add the green capsicum (bell pepper).
4. Next, pour the tomato sauce in to the mix. Turn the heat up so that the sauce begins to boil. At this point, stir in the sliced olives. Reduce the heat to low, and let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes.
5. Mix the pasta and eggplant sauce together, stir in the chopped basil. Gently toss until well combined
6. Serve in a bowl with crumbled feta cheese & fresh basil sprinkled over. Oh, and some fresh pepper never hurt anyone either!
This was absolutely divine! I can’t even find the words to describe the amount of flavour on the plate. I guess you’ll just have to make this at home and try for yourself :) Seriously, invite people over and make this dish. They’ll love you for it. Megs xo